Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Answered prayer

Once again God amazed me by answering my prayers! Not sure why I ever doubt since God is always faithful.

Let me give you a little background....

Two weekends ago, we lost my car keys. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal but silly me didn't know where the spare was--I haven't seen it in years. So what that meant is that we had no keys to my car. Thankfully we have 3 cars so there was a spare car...but there's nothing like driving your own car--you know where everything is, you have pre-set radio stations, etc.

So, we began the search for the missing keys and we looked EVERYWHERE! At least we thought we looked everywhere...the car itself, the ground, the walkway to the house, the grass, the dog run (never know what she might take), the laundry hamper, clothes in the hamper, around the hamper, in the couch, downstairs, under the car, behind the dresser, under the bed, etc. We even had 2 friends help us look & to no avail. We prayed to find them but kept coming up empty.

A few days ago it dawned on me that I may have given my Dad the spare key when I bought the car 4 1/2 yrs ago. I thought it was a long shot but it was worth a try. Surprise, surprise, my Dad checked his key ring and lo and behold, he had the spare key. Praise God! Now, we just had to wait for the spare to be mailed to us... no problem!

But, wait the story gets better!

Last night in my ladies Bible study, our leader spoke about Elizabeth and Zechariah and how they must have prayed for years and years for a child and either gave up & thought it was a "no" or just plain stopped praying. However, God had not given up on their prayers. What a great story of God's faithfulness in answering prayers -always at the right time. What the Bible study leader said struck me & I thought it was a great reminder about not giving up on our prayers knowing God doesn't give up. Of course, I wish I could say I kept praying for the lost keys to be found. No......but God knew our desire and answered our prayer in spite of my lack of continued faithfulness.

Now the good part....

This morning, the keys were found in a pair of pants hanging in the closet. All along we were looking for pants in the laundry basket and for the past 10+ days, these pants had been hanging in the closet.

It may not sound like a big deal but to me this is just yet another example of how faithful God is in answering our prayers--even when we aren't persistent and forget to keep praying. Praise God He never gives up...on us or our prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful blessing...no matter how small or big the prayer, God always finds a way to answer them. They may not always be the way you want it answered, but in the end, God knows what is best for us.

Bill